PayPal Donation Button, Push here to donate directly to Chicken Creek Nordic


Our Fundraising Angels!

Saturday, January 15, 2011

How Sweet it is

Your faithful blogger has been called to distant lands on a family mission of mercy, and so I apologize for the dearth of data regarding the ski area.

I do have this tidbit to offer up for your consideration:

I stole a couple hours to ski the Frisco (Colorado) Nordic Center today, and the daily adult trails pass cost me $17.00 dollars. That was for one adult, not a family of 4. Gulp. The gal taking my money (no gun involved) casually claimed this is the going rate for suffering on skinny sticks in the great state of Colorado.

Honestly, I prefer the landscape at Chicken Creek, despite the grandeur of the surrounding mountains in Summit County. Most of the trees have died up there, and the remaining ones are babys. It's like skiing through the back lot at Cliffrose, but with bigger mountains in the distance. Give me Chicken, any day...

No comments: