PayPal Donation Button, Push here to donate directly to Chicken Creek Nordic


Our Fundraising Angels!

Friday, February 1, 2019

Calling all Chickens! Attention Please!

I just thought I should mention that our Facebook page will now be the primary organ for the dissemination of up-to-the-moment grooming news. This is because I can update that page from my phone, and I haven't figured out how to do this blog from my phone. A sorry state of affairs, no doubt. But it's the reality we are going to have to deal with for now.

Anyway:
The entire Chicken got a full-on grooming session again this evening (Friday) in order to have the best possible conditions going into the weekend. New skate track everywhere and new classic track on about 90% of the trail miles.
When I say 'best possible conditions' what I mean is we did the best we could with what was there. No, we were unable to convert chunky ice into perfect corduroy. But, conditions tomorrow morning ought to be quite tolerable.  The track underneath is firm (to put it mildly) and we used our chicken teeth to stir up the existing snow to create something related to awesome conditions. The kinship is a tad distance, but really it ought to be quite good.

See you out there!

Dave K and Peter B put in a total of 7.5 hours grooming, admin, maintenance, etc.

1 comment:

Paul - A Dog Owner said...

for dog owners I can highly recommend that they start using the dog clicker app on their phones so that the dog understands them better